Sunday, June 13, 2010

New Assignments as District Leader

Did yall get a letter sent to yall about my new assignments for District Leader?


My new resposibilites are: nightly call ins, weekly call ins, take numbers and report, work somewhat with stake leaders, go on exchanges with missionaries, hold district meetings, hold baptismal interviews, some other stuff, and then stuff like - motivate, solve problems, implement new ideas, improve numbers, etc. 10 is a pretty big group, but they are awesome. I'm really lucky to have the missionaries I have in my district.


President Beck called and asked if I'd be willing to do it and then they sent me a letter (and cc: yall in on it) explaining more stuff. I had a leadership training meeting where they expounded on a lot of stuff too which was helpful.


It is getting very hot here - now in the 100's almost everyday - I am now golden deliciously tan though. The Navajo man is getting baptized in a couple weeks which is very exciting - I sometimes see him at church and it's very exciting. He's a great guy.


Updates:

June 4 - went on exchange with one of our zone leaders who helped give me more training/guidance for my new assignment. We went to sing at an old folks home with the other district. We would pick a hymn, sing a verse, and then say why we chose that hymn - they loved it and we got to chat for a bit with them after to do some service. I got to look at numbers for our district which is fun - i like that stuff. We got dairy queen too - good memories.


June 5 - Very hot - I was a roasting. We met with the high councilman over missionary work for like 2 hours and had a great meeting with him. Very cool man. Got subway.


June 6 - Church was fun. Had to get up at 4:45 a.m. and don't get to eat till 6 - long fast Sunday - usually you can sleep in, go to church, and then come home and eat. We got to teach a Young Women's combined class which was fun on missionary work.
My mind has a million things going on in it. Trying to sift through a lot of info. Glad today is P-Day and can rest a bit. We have our first district meeting this Wednesday which should be fun. I'm excited for everything.

Love, Tyler

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you're sharing all of this with us! It's exciting to have such a cheerful, positive, forward-thinking young man out there on a mission! I keep him in my prayers. Way to go, Tyler!

    ReplyDelete