Saturday, September 4, 2010

Loving Every Moment

Well I haven't gotten a letter from ya, so here was my past week - VERY BUSY!!!

August 23, 2010 - Got news that I will be in Anthem for another 6 weeks which is great. I have been here for 6 months already, so this will put me at 7.5 months here. Elder Geren (my firstborn son) was transferred and I got a call from President Beck informing me I would be training another Elder fresh from the MTC. I'm really excited - I love training. I will birth him into the field tomorrow. Had a lesson with Pete - pumped for his baptism.


August 24 2010 - Last day with Elder Geren so I took him to Jack-n-the-box for some tacos - that's the only thing I order there - just amazingly good. Kinda sad he's leaving - we did great together - great friend. Was in meetings most the day. Started at 2 with leadership training - my nose started to bleed while President Beck was speaking. Then had a trainers training meeting. Then I got my second son, Elder Bird. He is my farm boy from Idaho Falls, Idaho. He is a state champion wrestler and get this - when he was a freshman, he actually wrestled my trainer (my dad) who was a senior at the time. My trainer, Elder Nielsen is from Pocatello, ID - pretty close to Idaho Falls I hear. Fun stuff. He's pumped to work. Had a great lesson with the Alvarez family at the Gunderson's home.


August 25, 2010 - Brother Mowry took us up to buy a bike for Elder Bird, then he took us to Quizno's for lunch - members here are great to us. Made some visits, had to run to Wal-mart to get some food for Elder Bird. Then tracted. Taught 4 lessons tonight. Trying to finalize all the baptisms this weekend.


August 26, 2010 - Weekly planning, had a district meeting afterwards. Had lesson with Spencer Davis, had dinner a family who is looking into church. Still working on these baptisms for this week.


August 27, 2010 - Had a lesson with a woman from England - cool accent. Tracted a lot. Had Pete's baptism - was way great. The ward support is awesome - after the baptism we all went to the Bishop's home and had ice-cream and talked. Fun event.


August 28, 2010 - Had 3 baptisms today. So we were at the church most the day setting up - had to set up the gym for a dinner also. I got to baptize Spencer (a 10 yr old) - it was the first baptism I've done - really fun.


August 29, 2010 - I got to confirm Pete and Spencer today and give them both the gift of the Holy Ghost - which was awesome. I really love the wards we are in. We had a lesson with the Alvarez family. Both the children are members (Fabian was baptized about 4 weeks ago). We committed the mom to be baptized and she accepted for Sept 25, but is nervous, and not sure about anything - wants to learn more - her 20 yr old daughter was crying when we committed her and it was just an awesome experience. Missionary work is just the best thing ever - bringing families together. We committed them to have family prayer and scripture study each day. I love what we do. Elder Bird is doing great. We are going to have a fun transfer.

August is almost over, we had 7 baptisms this month and have 5 set for next month which is exciting. The Lord is blessing us and I am loving every moment of the work.

Take care,

Elder Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment