Sunday, October 10, 2010

Life Is Great

Hello,

Glad all is going great back home - some weird stuff for sure, but they'll be fun memories. I thought conference was great - lot of good talks. Priesthood session was great I thought - only 1 talk in it I didn't care for - all others were great.
We got transfer news this morning and I will be in Anthem another 6 weeks. That will put me at 9 months in Anthem. Things are beginning to role. We've had 12 baptisms in the past 2 months and we will have many this month in October.
Actually new shirts would be great. I will buy them here at the outlets and yall can put money in my account or whatever. I will buy like 3 probably. Dinners are slim with members - only 2ish a week. Quick lunch ideas would be great too. I am sending back my memory card tomorrow - so yall should get it by the end of this week. I have everything that I want - I got a basketball this past week. Actually -send me some sheet music of hymns - like cool arrangements - I know we had that one hymnbook with Kolob in it. Make sure they are hymns - I like playing them during lunch and at night when I have a minute or two. Time is flying by - can't believe it is October already - I've been out 9 months, with 15 left - scary to think. Things are great with me.


My week in review:


27 September 2010 - played soccer with district - still so hot - in 100's still. It was Elder Farnsworth's bday - so the sisters made him a cake. Fun times. E-mailed and shopped with them. Dropped off suits at dry cleaners. I got sun-burned again - will probably have skin cancer. Bishop Gurr called & it's fun to counsel with Bishops


28 September 2010 - both my brake cables broke today - so the first part of the day I rode with no brakes - which is very tough in a hilly area. Swapped bikes with a member until I can get better brake cables. Went on splits with EQ president. Oh, we cooked steak for lunch - wasn't so good, just over the stove - need a grill


29 September 2010 - district meeting went good - I threw down about how we need to do more for the "lost sheep" or lost investigators. Took a nap during lunch. Had a lesson with Pete tonight which was so cool - he's great - just loves everything (had a blast at Priesthood session).


30 Sept 2010 - had lesson with Shaw's - this time the non-member husband was in the next room reading the paper, so we talked loud enough so he could hear us. Then lesson with Stacy Spencer who will be baptized on Oct 9th. Had a pineapple for lunch which was good.


1 Oct 2010 - Can't believe it's October. This morning we began exchanges, so I'm with elder Tripp (zone leader) in his area. Confirmed that I'm 154. Kind of nice being with someone with high energy like me. He is training me on how to be a zone leader in case that stewardship comes.


2 Oct 2010 - I'm so used to sleeping in Anthem, that now when I'm on a different bed, me neck hurts, Ha. General Conference was great. Had the first session with a member and had a mini bbq after with some other missionaries. I had 2 burgers and a brat. Priesthood was great - every talk great (except for 1).


3 Oct 2010 - watched the morning session at the Waldron's home - they have 2 little girls (like 6 and 4) who drew us pictures the whole time. Then had a lesson and watched a session with the Spencer's. Broke our contacting record this week - we had 145 - the district record is 149 - so we are currently second.

Excited for another transfer here - the wards are going, there are people to teach, I've tracted every street here at least twice - I've seen the same people so much. it's funny - I know this place like the back of my hand. Elder Bird is doing great - learning a lot. Life is great.

Elder Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment